Diablo 2 Resurrected: 2.4 Patch PTR and Ladder Testing is coming soon
With the latest official news from Blizzard, the 2.4 PTR test will go live on March 2, and this test will focus on ladder features, Uber Diablo, additional balance changes, and previous PTR bug fixes. Below is some relevant information that MMOSO has learned.
Ladder Testing and Function Details
The release of the Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder represents a ranked competition system presented in a range of modes to choose from through brand new ladder-specific characters. Blizzard hopes that everyone will actively test the ladder function on this PTR, and focus on the front-end ladder presentation and the impact of the new balance changes on the ladder play.
1. The ladder is now available for testing, and the development team will simulate the start and end of a ladder season during the PTR.
2. Players can use the /ladder and /helpladder chat commands to retrieve season start and end information.
3. Ladder information is available in the leaderboard UI, for console versions, players will update upon loaded to each game.
4. When the season ends, the player's ladder character will be converted to a non-ladder character, as well as the player's character-equipped or ladder-exclusive items in inventory.
5. Once the season end, players can retrieve items from their seasonal ladder shared stash tab and bring them into their normal online play before the next season begins.
Uber Diablo Update
The way players summon Uber Diablo in the Diablo 2 Resurrected will remain the same as it was first introduced in v1.10, which was the sale of the Ring of Jordan's Stone. However, Blizzard has made some changes to how and where progress is calculated.
Now the progress of Uber Diablo for each game type will be saved by the regional database and the progress of Uber Diablo will be tracked by game type. A total of 8 progressions are tracked, they are Classic, Classic Hardcore, Classic Ladder, Classic Hardcore Ladder, Expansion, Expansion Hardcore, Expansion Ladder, and Expansion Hardcore Ladder.
In addition to this, Blizzard has added new messages for players to help players predict when Uber Diablo will appear.
Through the previous 2.4 Patch PTR, Blizzard knows the players of the game's seven professions and some unsatisfactory places. Blizzard knows that players still have some dissatisfaction with the seven classes in the game. Based on players' comments and feedback, Blizzard has made some changes to the seven classes again in this TPR. Hope it will give players a better gaming experience.
This PTR not only fixes some issues in the UI that may appear when using large font mode, some issues with Barbarian, Druid, Paladin, but also fix the Gameplay, Character Creation, Graphics, Controls, Localization, Online, Performance, and Settings issues.
There will be adding new D2R Ladder Runewords in the Ladder PTR, increased density of unique monsters in the new level 85 areas, changed mercenary survivability in Act 1, Act 3, and Act 5, and it's in the main menu added a "Message of the Day" feature so that the development team can share important game updates and more with all players.