Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.4: Ladder Season 1 will coming and New Runewords, Class Balance Changes
According to the description of the Patch 2.4 update about the Diablo 2 Resurrected released by Blizzard, we know that the Ladder Modes will be launched in early 2022, there will be new Ladder Runewords and a lot of Class Balance changes! This is exciting news.
Before it rolls out, let us first understand some details of Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1, including different Ladder Modes, new D2R Runewords, Class Balance, Mercenary changes, and so on. (Please note: The game content discussed in this article is not the final plan and may change.)
Different Ladder Modes
In Diablo 2 Resurrected, the ladder mode refers to the Season. At the beginning of the game, we can choose to establish a season mode character to Ladder Rank with other players. After the season mode is over, all created Ladder characters will become non-season characters, and we need to recreate new characters to participate in the new season.
Like Diablo 2, there will be four different Ladder modes in the upcoming Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.4. They include:
1. Standard Ladder: The casual version of Ladder play that encompasses playing with four acts.
2. Hardcore Ladder: The hardcore (only 1 life) version of Ladder play that encompasses playing with four acts.
3. Standard Expansion Ladder: The casual version of Ladder play that encompasses playing five acts, as it includes the “Lord of Destruction” expansion content.
4. Hardcore Expansion Ladder: The hardcore (only 1 life) version of Ladder play that encompasses playing five acts, as it includes the “Lord of Destruction” expansion content.
The initial plan for the Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1 will last four months but will continue to make final decisions based on player feedback.
New Ladder Runewords
Blizzard has confirmed that players will have the opportunity to unlock a large number of new Runewords in the Ladder Season 1, this is the first time in history. But what we need to know is that these Runewords have never appeared in Diablo 2 Resurrected before, and they will not be used in Non-Ladder mode.
At the end of the Ladder Ranked Season, players who successfully produced these Runewords will transfer their Ladder characters to the Non-Ladder version of Diablo 2 Resurrected. Then at the next Ladder season start, players need to create new Ladder characters and accumulate new rewards from the beginning.
According to the developer update stream hosted by MrLlamaSC, we learned that they are bringing two new Runewords to Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder: Pattern and Plague.
When the season starts, you can quickly buy Cheap D2R Ladder Items and Runewords in MMOSO.
Class Balance changes
1. Amazon: improve melee skills, and strengthen melee skills such as piercing and stab that have a low usage rate. And consider the need to strengthen several Bow and Crossbow-related skills, and improve the performance of Bow in higher-difficulty games.
2. Assassin: improve the mechanism for generating and spending Combo Points; in addition, the team found that the use rate of many trap skills is low, and plans to re-evaluate the threshold of combo skills, improve trap genre, and damage scaling effects.
3. Barbarian: plan to expand the possibilities of combat skills such as jump strike and horror totem, and re-evaluate the threshold of skill combinations; enhance Double Throw and Throwing Mastery skills.
4. Druid: re-evaluate the cast delay time of Fire skills; it is also expected to slightly adjust other low-usage element skills. they will also think about how to improve the bear man's changing skills and adjust the part of the combo skills.
5. Necromancer: rebalance the elemental damage of the Skeletal Mages, and strengthen the currently low-usage Golems. In addition, there is room for improvement in Bone skills in high-difficulty games, and it is planned to adjust combo skills.
6. Paladin: plan to strengthen the skills with a low usage rate and encourage players to spend skill points to invest in these skills. Improve AoE Damage auras and strengthen its performance in close combat. At the same time, it is planned to improve the damage modulation mechanism of thorns, so that thorns can cause damage stably at a higher level.
7. Sorceress: improve the diversity of armor-related skills; design more skill combinations for lesser-used Lightning skills; expected to adjust the lesser-used Fire skills, such as Hydra.
Other Updates in Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.4 PTR
1. Mercenary changes: since many players currently tend to use Desert Mercenary, Blizzard wants to encourage players to choose the other three types of mercenaries, so it is expected to strengthen their skills and abilities of these three mercenaries.
2. New Horadric Cube Recipes will allow the item quality of Set Items to be upgraded to provide more item-building possibilities.
3. The changes to Set Items will update the poorly performing Set Items to get more rewards.
4. New Runewords to supplement the skills and mercenary changes in the upcoming Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.4 update.
The above content is the upcoming changes and features in Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.4 PTR (to be released early 2022)! For more information, please pay attention to the future stream of Diablo 2 Resurrected and MMOSO's site news.